What is a GSA Schedule?
According to gsa.gov, GSA schedules (also referred to as Multiple Award Schedules (MAS) and Federal Supply Schedules) are long-term government-wide contracts with commercial firms providing federal, state, and local government buyers access to more than 11 million commercial supplies (products) and services at volume discount pricing. It provides indefinite delivery and quality, meaning that a consumer can order an unlimited number of products and services while the contract is fixed. A few of the federal agencies who work exclusively with companies that hold a GSA Schedule Contract include the Department of Defense (DOD), Department of Homeland Security (DOH), FEMA, and Department of Energy. The General Services Administration (GSA) was established to help oversee and support the basic operations of federal organizations.
What are the qualifications for a GSA Schedule?
In order to qualify for a GSA Schedule Contract, a company must be in the business for at least 2 years, have healthy financials, offer products and services that fit under a GSA Schedule, have TAA compliance when offering products, and past performance when offering services.
Why should customers buy from companies that hold a GSA Schedule?
- Simplified procedures for a more efficient procurement process
- Access to small businesses to support socioeconomic goals
- Compliant with all applicable laws and regulations
- Purchases can be made directly from a contractor’s GSA Schedule Contract with a quick turnaround
- Prices have already been deemed fair and reasonable
- Access to emerging technologies and innovative solutions
Who can buy from GSA Schedule companies?
- Federal agencies (military and civilian)
- State and local government agencies (certain Schedule purchases)
- Mixed ownership government corporations
- Qualified nonprofit agencies for the blind or severely handicapped individuals
- Contractors authorized under FAR 51
What can be purchased from GSA Schedule companies?
A variety of different products and services can be purchased through GSA Schedule Contract companies. Categories of products and services include construction, industrial, information technology, office management, medical, professional Services, security and protection, travel and transportation, and millions more. Please visit the List of GSA Schedules for more information.
As a complete security design and manufacturing corporation, Homeland Safety Systems Inc. proudly holds a GSA Schedule 84 Contract. We currently service over 1,500 clients across Louisiana, Arkansas and Mississippi providing access control, digital surveillance, intrusion detection alarms, public safety radios, Garrett metal detectors, and systems integration to fit every facilities individual needs. Complete our contact form or call us toll free at (888) 909-2261 for more information!